Alex Iwobi’s Romance with Some 'Crazy' Nigerian Fans – See Photo Gallery




The 19-year-old forward took part in the double AFCON qualifiers for the Super Eagles against Egypt in Kaduna and Alexandria in March.

The youngster who has enjoyed playing time in Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal has said that the fans thrilled him after he chose to play for Nigeria ahead of England.

“The love Nigeria showed me… when I played for them in a friendly, the fans were just crazy. The fans almost eat you up because they love you so much. I’m enjoying playing for them.



“When you’re getting out of the airport there are fans already there screaming ‘Arsenal, Arsenal. Gunners for life!’ and it’s just mad. Some of them have Arsenal shirts and then others will ask me for Arsenal shirts. It’s a bit mad and the fans are crazy,” he said further.

“Everything is fast and the weather in Africa is something you have to adapt to really quickly. The first day I trained I was gasping for air because it was so hot. There’s minimal air so it’s something I had to get used to.



“I was hoping to contribute to the team and I came on for eight minutes [for my debut]. I was buzzing and all the fans were clapping and singing songs. The second game we unfortunately lost and went out of the Africa Cup of Nations, but that moment was crazy and a great feeling,” he added.

Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations but Iwobi has stated his desire to play more for the country having signified his intention to be part of the Olympic squad.


No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.