A Bronze Medal that Feel like an Olympic Gold - John Mikel Obi say "It’s a Dream Come True!"



John Mikel Obi was the Captain of Nigeria Dream VI that beat Honduras on Saturday, August 20 in the third-place match to win bronze- which is Nigeria's only Olympic medal in any sport since 2008.


Speaking the day after the win, Mikel reveals he slept in his bed with his bronze medal.


“When I woke up in my hotel room on Sunday morning, I opened my eyes to see my Olympic bronze medal lying there beside me ,” the 29-year-old tweeted @John_Mikel Obi


“It just hammered home to me what I had achieved with the rest of my Nigeria team-mates the day before.”


“I went to sleep last night with my medal beside me; I couldn't and didn't want to let it out of my sight,” he writes."



Speaking further on the win, Mikel reveals that playing in the Olympic and winning a medal is a dream come true for him, his family and his twin daughters with his Russian girlfriend, Olga Diyachenko .


“ But first off all I want to celebrate with my family, put it around my daughters' neck, take pictures and make sure they get to see what daddy achieved,” he further writes



Mikel was on target for Nigeria at the Olympics, scoring in the 2-0 win over Denmark in the quarter-finals.


With that goal, Mikel has now scored for his country at all levels U17, U20, U23 & Super Eagles level.

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.