Sports Business School in Nigeria - Open Admission


Thousands of candidates in Nigeria wanting to pursue a career in sports business, have been seeking to gain admission into any Sports Business School within their reach, where they can go to study the trade. The demand is quite high as I get several calls weekly on this matter of sports education.

The volume of money being pumped into sports, especially football is no secret, making it one of the dream jobs. But here in Nigeria, it's not about money! Passion is perhaps, the primal reason many want to go into sports, but then, money gives it an added impetus.


Is there any school in Nigeria offering Sports business as a course?

Don't mind the title above, it is rhertorical. There's no university or any other teritary institution or government or private school I know of, offering Sports Business in Nigeria.

Some universities in Nigeria offer physical Education, which doesn't major in the business side of sports, but deals more on physical and health education . Please, correct me if I am wrong.

The only sports institution we have in Nigeria: National Institute of Sports (NIS), doesn't yet offer sports business courses, and I don't understand why.

I recall years ago, while writing my final year research project in the Polytechnic, and I was lucky to have a Supervisor who studied abroad, so he understood sports business and went on to approved my project topic: "Marketing Myopia in the management of Professional Football Clubs in Nigeria."

It seems like I was the first to meddle in a research topic like that in Nigeria, because I couldn't find local references and data to support my work. I found it very difficult as I tried gathering my own data...most professionals I interviewed only had vague knowledge about the business side of sports. I heard to rely majorly on foreign references and data.

I later found out Lagos Business School (LBS)  offer Sport Business courses for those who already has a bachelor degree in sports business related courses. To study in LBS, be sure you will pay through your nose. It is worth it though, that is, if you can afford it.

Thank God for the Internet, I heard to study Sport Marketing and Management online, since I couldn't pay my way to LBS or to study abroad. Since then, I have recommended a lot of candidates to Sports Management Worldwide (SMWW).

I have also gone ahead to pass on the knowledge and skills I have acquired over the years to small group of students who couldn't afford the online courses. But of course, I am not licensed or accredited to establish a Sports Business School in Nigeria. It's my dream and I am working towards it.

Well, I don't know when I could realize this vision of establishing the biggest sports business school in Africa. But rightnow, what I can do is to pass on the knowledge to small group of students for a minimal fees. If you are interested call or WhatsApp +234(0)809 877 2556 or Email: gh.sports1@gmail.com

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.