Want Invitation to the Next Golden Eaglets Screening? [Try these 5 Tips]




We've received dozens, if not hundreds of emails and phone calls from young football players across the country, asking if we can help or at least share some tips of how they could get invitation to Eaglets (Nigeria U16 National team) trials.

It has become such FAQ that we are almost sure that over a million young Nigerians would like to read this article. I don't really blame them, or who wouldn't want to be like Kelechi Iheanacho and Christian Nwakali now playing for Manchester City or Isaac Success now in FC Granada.

Making the Eaglets squad to FIFA U16 World Cup could be a great launch path for your football career. That was how great stars like Nwankwo Kanu, Celestine Babayaro, Mikel Obi came to limelight.

Indeed, every young footballer of Nigerian Nationality dream of getting into the Eaglets camp, but not everyone can get there. Especially if do not have the faintest idea of what to do. The tips here could be very helpful.



Off-course, you should be a very talented player, because the stake is very high out there. But the real challenge is how you can be discovered or introduced to the coaches.



You'll be in luck if you or any of your relations happen to know any of the coaches, then inviting you for a try out won't be much of a problem. Otherwise, look at some of the tips below:

Tip 1: Start now to search for a well connected sports journalist or a celebrated ex-player. There are several of them who can take you by the hand and get the coaches to try you out. We all know that a top government or NFF official can also push you in for the trials.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say it's all by nepotism. Most of the players invited to Eaglets camp are by merit.

Tip 2: If you are still in secondary school, make sure you are involved in your school football team. The Shell Cup for all secondary schools is one tournament that can earn you a call up to Eaglets'' screening, if you display some exceptional football skills during the games.

Tip 3: Join one of the top football academies such as Pepsi Academy, KSFA, Mildas Academy, Papilo Academy... Most Eaglets' coaches start their search for players by visiting some of these academies across the country.

Tips 4: Join a team that registered for the Federations Cup. If your team gets to play at the national level and you display some exceptional skills in some of the games that could also earn you a Call-up.

Although, Eaglets’ coaches are advised not to go for players already in the national league; but as long as you are still under 16 years, you could also be invited if you are that good.



Tip 5: Above all, keep your ear to the ground. Read Sports newspapers listen and watch football programs on radio and TV, ask questions and do your best to get information when the open screening will take place. Once a new Eaglets chief coach is appointed just know that soon the players trials will commence. Be tenacious in your approach then you will see that every hiccup will give way. Good Luck!

28 comments:

  1. My great Nigerians I have been praying to god to join the golden eaglets, and I pray I get that opportunity, I love to represent my nation as a young talented nigerian, help me 09064784710

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is emegwara Victor am a boy of 17 years old ,
    I am a football player in my school but it is my dream to represent my country in term of playing foot ball but i dont know how i can make it
    Contact--07081416561
    Email---Emeagwaravictor@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dream is to be a goalie for the eaglet an I pray my dream come true 08076851747

    ReplyDelete
  4. This my country Nigeria I believed in it that I will make it great by playing for Nigeria as a young talent pls help me this is my number 08174444674

    ReplyDelete
  5. I all my wish is too play in the golden eaglet and I no one day I will make it their0706 791 5795 this my number

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enter your comment... my name is auwalu basiru from kano meadfeald center 4 age18 i. I'm interested to flying football phone number 08148542139

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have watched almost all of Nigeria games since 2014 I will love to play for Nigeria I'm 16 fast very versatile on the right wing my number 08079605427

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abraham jeremiah yerima23 January 2021 at 09:21

    I love to play for Nigeria may GOD grant my wish please help me this is my number 08115474187

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't to four Nigeria under 20 pleaase help me God 08063065480

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to four Nigeria under 20 please help me God ,I don't have any body to help me except u God 08114219141

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope to play for the nigeria u15 u17 and super eagles someday if the opportunity arises and win International trophies with them, I will be happy if I'm granted the opportunity to represent my natoon 🇳🇬🇳🇬

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wants to represent my nation 🇳🇬

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to represent my nation and I know am going to do better, help me 07088182130

    ReplyDelete
  14. 07046320051
    Up nigeria super eagle under 17

    ReplyDelete
  15. My name is Palmer Tega (junior) my dream as always be to be one of the greatest defender in the world I work all day to achieve that I am 16 years old I am hoping to been pick so that I can give my country a good name when it comes to defending this is my WhatsApp number 08100135965 or 09067614976 please I am also in need to join. Another academy God help me amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go by the name Abdulmalik AbdulAziz.it has always been my utmost treasure to be among the lads that will make Nigeria great but winning international trophy and so on
    But the opportunity is however
    far fetched please I would love if I'm being selected to represent my great nation (NIGERIA) I'm a boy of 18 years old
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always want this in my life just to start a career in football, I don't go to the biggest academies in Lagos but I have a local academy in my area and my coach that achievement comes only when you have determination, courage, dedication and passion for that particular thing and it doesn't come easy my friends and family don't think I can become a footballer in future, they say I have 1% luck of being a footballer out of 99% in Nigeria but I don't listen to
    them I still strive, practise with the ball and play matches with my local academy team.
    God bless you for reading my article,thank you
    I'm just 15 years of age
    If for contact 08127793858

    ReplyDelete
  18. Agbo emmanuel Christian22 June 2022 at 04:58

    I am agbo emmanuel I train to become a good winger, I want to represent my nation and which I know one day it will happen m, under 16
    07019532842

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am gregory, am a futballer ,I can play anyroll up front cuz of peas,pls try me,even if it's once,tank u,09124580597

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am odey Joseph I traing to become a good golkeeper I pary that may God make away for me to paly un 15 an 17 🙏🙏🙏🙏 08148449059

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good afternoon I'm Okafor Havilah by name am 16 years and I'm a midfielder and also a left wing attacker, right from when I started playing football I always imagine myself playing for Nigeria funny right but I really want to play for Nigeria team thanks so much
    okaforhavilah91@gmail.com
    09123184626

    ReplyDelete
  22. Am Okafor Havilah by name they say don't judge a book by it's own cover I really want to represent my country Nigeria has lost so many good players like alaba, saka, tammy abraham e.t.c but we don't need to lose more
    okaforhavilah91@gmail.com
    09123184626

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sir my name is usman musa, I'm a left and righwinger please I want to join the golden eaglets, I believe I can make it .please help me 09040121302

    ReplyDelete
  24. am musa Samuel my only dream is to serve my country Nigeria through football sir tests me and I will make u proud
    My email :Mrsamuelmusa2022@gmail.com
    my number:08078043585

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm musa Samuel I am from gombe state I want to served my country Nigeria through football sir tests me I will make you proud .
    My email:Mrsamuelmusa2022@gmail.com
    My number08078043585
    only you can make this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am Bryan Onuorah by name, Am from Anambra State in Ezira orumba south local government, Am a striker number 7 I really want to become a Nigeria professional footballer, That's my dream, And I will serve my country, I promise to carry FIFA world cup my phone number 07068326058 or 08083402025 my email address ezekielonuorah17@gmail.com please sir help me

    ReplyDelete
  27. Am Bryan or Ezekiel11 April 2023 at 19:08

    Am Bryan Onuorah by name, Am from Anambra State in Ezira orumba south local government, Am a striker number 7 I really want to become a Nigeria professional footballer, That's my dream, And I will serve my country, I promise to carry FIFA world cup my phone number 07068326058 or 08083402025 my email address ezekielonuorah17@gmail.com please sir help me

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm adebule ifeoluwa, from ogun state I want to join golden eaglet please
    This is my number 08084868547
    ladet167@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.