How to Register As A Football Player's Intermediary in Nigeria [A Step By Step Guide]


I guess your simple query on the search engine landed you on this blog. If you make the same inquiry at Nigeria Football Federation  (NFF) office Abuja, you will get first-hand information on how to register as football player's Intermediary. But now that you are here, I can as well tell you all that it requires.

It isn't like the days of Agent licensing where an applicant will have to write Examination, pay licensing fee of N700,000; drop a deposit of a million naira and a police clearance report....

It is pretty easy now....There's no examination required anymore!

I met a young man, Frank Afolabi, who just registered two week ago and his name is already uploaded on NFF website.

All he needed do was to: 

  • - write an application letter, 
  • - provide a police clearance report , 
  • - data page of his International Passport
  • - payment of registration fee of N300,000 (Three hundred thousand Naira only) 
  • - and submit in NFF Glass house Abuja.




 Then a permit was issued to him and his name uploaded on the list of player's Intermediaries registered with NFF. That's it, he is now legally a Player's Intermediary. No Examination! No Interview of any sort! Is that simple.

Well, it is one thing to get registered as an intermediary, it is another to acquire the cognate knowledge and skills to operate successfully. 

The question usually is:
Is it better to Register first or to get trained?

Get it right, both to register and to get trained are important!

If you register but do not have cognate knowledge and skills, you will struggle in the profession and may end up not able to deliver satisfying job to your clients (players).

If you have cognate knowledge and skills without registration, then you cannot operate legalky or you could be arrested as a fraudster or quack.

If you ask me, I will say get trained, understand the rudiments of the profession first, then go register with NFF when you are ready to start off on your own.


  • First, you must fully understand the regulations guiding the player and the intermediary relationship.
  • Understand player (Talent) management Indepth knowledge of sport Marketing and Management
  • Tranfer market regulations as it relates to your country and other countries
  • How to negotiate with clubs as well as understand contract clauses and stipulations.
  • How to negotiate with corporate brands and seal endorsement deals for client (Player).


In case you are wondering how to go about it, how you can get educated or where to enroll for Player's Intermediary (Agent) Course... I will tell you:

Football Player's intermediary (Agency) course are not taught in regular schools in Nigeria. But you can do an online course with Sports Management World Wide (SMWW). That will cost you about $1800 USD as well as installing a fast broadband internet connections for live webinars. No problem, you will get a certificate from the company at the end of the course.

Well, nobody will really ask if you are a certified player's intermediary, the certificate doesn't matter much; since what matters is your registration with NFF.

So if what you really need is to acquire indepth knowledge and cognate skills that will enable you to excel in the profession, then we can help with that...at affordable price. Call or WhatsApp: +234(0)809 877 2556 or Email: gh.sports1@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. Good Day Boss
    Am 18 Years Old
    Am A Striker , Please Help Me
    Join A Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day boss
    Am 17years old
    And a talented goalkeeper
    Please I need a football club

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 17yrs old
    talented strikker and mildfielder
    I need you to help me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day boss am 19yrs old
    Am a mildflelder I need u to help me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day my name is kelechi Nzeoma iam a talented striker pls i need help my number is 09046440856 i want to play soccer its ny draem

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm oladeokin temitope
    I'm a talented mildfielder and I can play in the flank/wing too.please help me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nigerian Football Federation I am Olewike Nkemjika,A citizen by birth In my mother's land Nigeria. I am presently not in the country but have resided, and now living in the United States of America, Texas State.
    As a small child from the age of 7 years old, I always loved football and had dreams of playing it one day. There is a deep passion between I and football that I always wanted to play in the FIFA WORLD CUP. Ever since this horrifying pandemic began my formal football team stopped all tryouts,but I didn't stop there, I woke up every day and night to practice on my own and to make sure that I become the best. Ever since then I have always dreamed of playing this year's FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022, I am 17 years old and,left legged and I play the position of a left wing and I will really appreciate it, if I were elected to play this year's WORLD CUP for my country Nigeria,I would really be happy,grateful and hopeful that this information will reach your organization.
    Thank you and Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sir am by name Reuben George Kish from kaduna state but am now in lagos state am 19+ by age and i will like u[sir] to please accept me as one of your player and i promise you that you will never regret why you accept me in your team and i also pray that this my application form meet you in a good mood Amen....07088514519

    ReplyDelete
  9. This author expatiates that as an art, sports management is all about carrying out sports organisational functions and tasks through people; while as a science, sports management is about establishing sports philosophy, laws, theories, principles, processes and practices. As an organisation, according to him, sports management is defined as a means of creating formal structures and an establishment based on a mission, objectives, targets, functions and tasks. Lady Palm Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pls sir I am chigozie a defender pls I need help

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a defender, I play side 2 help me

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.