What's the Closest Encounter You Ever Had with Any of our Football Heroes? - Share Your Experience

 


I once saw Nwankwo KANU coming out from the Arrival lounge of Muritala Mohammed Airport Lagos... CheerOnNigeria ask fans to share their closest encounter, when they bumped into one of our national football hero..."How did you feel? Proud of him, or were you a bit disappointed?"
 


John Amaku, a young academy player in Lagos said: 

"I didn't expect to see the Headmaster in one of the scouting program I attend at Legacy pitch National stadium Lagos. But I saw Mutiu Adepoju acting as a coach of a small amateur team that participated in the screening program.


 For me it was a mix feeling. I thought Adepoju, looking at his pedigree  would have been involved in something bigger  just like Amunike, Finidi and Oliseh. But on a second thought  I admired his selfless act to use his reputation to help expose these younger players. 


I also saw Monday Odiaka (MON) in the same Scouting  program. I felt a little disappointed with his demeanor. I don't think he is doing well as one of the national heroes who made this country proud in the 80s.


Segun Majekodumi a fan from Ekiti said:

" I feel football doesn't do well generally with ex-players. Many of them are wallowing in penury, wondering the streets like vagabonds. You couldn't help but to whisper under your breathe; "Are these our national heroes?" Their lives not inspiring, they are not role models in anyway. I don't want to mention names, because my intention isn't to castigate them. But I see many of these national heroes at the stadiums in Lagos and Abuja, and I feel disappointed. "


Chika Ofor a fan from Lagos:

  "I once saw Nwankwo KANU coming out from the Arrival lounge of Muritala Mohammed Airport Lagos. He got the attention of everyone...the fans around the airport gathered him as he threw a pack of $1 bills on the air, the crowd went for it and he jumped into the waiting wagon and drove off."


"I was so excited! KANU is truly a king. Years after his retirement from active football, people still adore him. I felt so proud of him and inspired that one day I will like to be like him. 


Now, tell us of your own experience in the comment box below. Share with us your most close encounter with some of our National Football Heroes in Nigeria

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.