Kelechi Iheanacho: The Whiz-Kid from Nigeria Light up Manchester City



Manchester City striker, Kelechi Iheanacho revealed the jubilant support of his team-mates immediately after scoring a hat-trick against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Iheanacho, 19, walked off the Villa Park pitch with the match ball after notching his first career treble in a 4-0 FA Cup victory, and was immediately grabbed for post-match interviews in the tunnel.




When he made his way into the dressing room his City team-mates, who had arranged themselves into a group during his media obligations, began dancing around and singing “Iheanacho!!”, the latest chant in the City fans’ songbook which was given its first airing in the Midlands.


“I couldn’t believe that,” he told reporters after the match. “It was a great feeling for me, so I’m happy, being among them and playing with them.


“I’m very happy having them as my team-mates, they help me in training and in games, they help me to keep going, so I’m happy.”





Iheanacho has been tipped to reach the big time at the Etihad Stadium and, having already scored five goals in four starts this season before putting Villa to the sword, became the youngest City player to score a hat-trick in 61 years as City progressed to the FA Cup fifth round.


But he was evidently in no mood to rest on his laurels as he spoke to the press less than an hour after full-time, espousing the importance of working hard and continuing his journey in football.





“I need to build my confidence to play in the team, it’s what I need to work on, work hard and get my confidence to play.”

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.