NIGERIA’S TOP CLASS FOOTBALL ACADEMIES: Developing Stars for the Future



It isn’t all the establishments that claim to be ‘football academy’ in Nigeria actually meet the standard. But in recent years, we’re beginning to see real top class football academies spring up and I have been able to let you see five of these academies in my previous post. Click here to read

Now, let me show you the remaining five that can relatively be regarded as world class academies in Nigeria.

No 6, African Touch Football Academy (ATFA): Established 2002 by Ash Rahman, who doubles as a coach and director of the academy. He has an assistant coach, Zahid Hossam,who had once been part of the coaching crew of Iraq national team. Then, Head fitness trainer, Joe Girma, who was former fitness trainer for Queen Park Rangers (QPR).



ATFA has succeeded in transferring Samuel Oji to Arsenal youth team, Abdul Koysor to Charlton Athletics and Leo Fisher to Watford.

ATFA is well established in London. It’s a place where scouts visit frequently to select students that meet certain specifications as required by their clubs. The academy is affiliated to Puma and Sports Solutions UK.

Here in Abuja Nigeria, ATFA has good facilities at hose 56, Second Crescent, Abuja Municipal, Wuse. 2 fully grassed pitches, a gymnasium, hostel that can accommodate about 259 students.






No 7, City of David Football Academy (CODA): Established 2009 by City of David parish of Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Lagos. CODA is the feeder team of COD first team, which competes in Nigeria National League (NNL).


COD won the Lagos state Federations cup and went on to represent the state at the national level in 2013. The academy has partnership relationship with Bolton Wanderers and both teams share resources. COD had already succeeded in transferring 7 players to the UK based club.

The Academy (CODA) has about 700 students in its under 10, Under 12, under 14, under 16, under 21 and the first team. All the students of the academy attend RCCG secondary school Lagos.

CODA training center are in three different locations. Some of the academy students train at Onikan stadium, where the first team also trains; while others train at Kings college pitch Lagos and Green spring school Lekki.

Contact CODA





No 8, Edo State Academicals (ESA): Established 2007 by Edo State Government, as a football initiative to nurture exceptional talents in the state.

ESA became popular as one of it’s’ students, Kelechi Ihenacho, was awarded the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2013 FIFA under 16 World cup.



Kelechi Ihenacho and Isaac Success were selected out of the academical into the victorious Golden Eaglests team. The two players have since signed for Manchester City and Reggiana  respectively.

ESA also has 5 players in the newly assembled Eaglets coached by Emmanuel Amunike. The academical has graduated 2 students that now play with Warri Wolves.

Students are selected into the academicals through ‘Governor’s cup,’ all Edo secondary schools competitions.



No 9 Buruji Soccer Academy (BSA): Established 2007 by Rafiu Buruji, an Alternative Medicine Doctor and Publisher of Buruji Sports Weekly Magazine.

BSA has perhaps the best training facilities among academies in Nigeria. It own stadium at Ikorodu Lagos. It has well equipped gymnasium and other world class training equipment and kits. It also has a hostel accommodation that’s decorated like a hotel suite.



BSA recently started another branch of the academy in the UK, where it has a liaison office. The students usually participate in the yearly Arsenal festival and sometimes tour Villarreal in Spain.

BSA had succeeded in transferring Kelechi Odu to Ajax, Ahmed Salisu to Galatasaray in Turkey.





No 10, Pawas Soccer Academy (PSA): Established 2006 by Paul Wahab, founder and sole sponsor of the academy. Wahab has recently reached a partnership agreement with ‘International Sports Management Africa (ISMA).


Phil Donaldson Badger, Chairman Goldmine Consult UK also represent the academy in Europe. Goldmine consult have been able to procure several trial tests in UK, Romania and United Arab Emirates for players in the academy.

PSA has also graduated 15 players, who now play in various Nigeria Premier League and Nigeria National League respectively.

PSA is like a school, all coaches and trainers closely monitor players’ educational development. This is the reason Wahab insisted on recruiting top class staff: Anthony Shan as chief coach; Daniel Barry, trainer and Ajala Koronde, Instructor.

The academy’s training center is at Command secondary school Zaria Road Jos Plateau state. PSA admit players from 17 – 21 years, but intend to expand its reach to talents between 6 – 16 years.






9 comments:

  1. If you are interested in applying for any of the top Nigerian football acedemy which includes Mikel obi football academy Pepsi Football Academy (PFA),Kwara State Football Academy (KWFA), Abuja Football College (AFC),Midas Soccer Academy (MSA),Papilo Football Academy (PNKFA),African Touch Football Academy (ATFA),Edo State Academicals (ESA), Buruji Soccer Academy (BSA),Festac Sport Football Club, and many more just call 08163378208

    ReplyDelete
  2. A broken heart can be one of the most painful things to heal from and can take a very long time to heal. During these times it can feel like the whole world could light up in flames and it still couldn't compare to the pain inside.

    Of course, admitting a broken heart can be a difficult thing to do and most of us try to continue on with life masking the pain in our heart. With this pain comes many emotions. I was also trying to masked my pain, until i found help, here is my story about how i save my marriage when my heart was broken.

    My wife and I separated 4 months ago and our children, Emily and Robert, live with her but see me every weekend. I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack who help people with their relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contacted him, he helped me cast a spell and within 48hours my wife came back to me and started apologizing, now she has stopped going out with men and she is with me for good and for real. you can Contact on { nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com }. If you are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back your husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend. contact Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack, E-mail:{ Nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com } Thank you so much Sir Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack, i will always be testifying about your good work. Tom Brice, NY, United States.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am joes candra, I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.MARVIN for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loosed my boyfriend, I required help until i found a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. Three days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 6 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.MARVIN released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have share together. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.MARVIN for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in any situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. MARVINLOVESPLL011@YAHOO.COM that is his email address bye or you can call is hot line on +2349059897314

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is your life time opportunity to be come a great footballer in
    life,the say opportunity come but once this is your opportunity to be
    a great footballer contact this email address (footballscanng@gmail.com)
    or whatsapp +2348165709665 for more be the first to do do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was married to my husband for 8 years and we were both bless with two children, living together as one love, until 2010 when things was no longer the way its . But when he later gets a new job 3 months after, he started sleeping outside our matrimonial home. Only for me to find out that he was having an affair with the lady that gave him the job. since that day, when i called him, he don’t longer pick up my calls and he nothing since to come out good. Yet my husbands just still keep on seeing the lady.then i decide to look for a solution on internet,because i really love him and i can't afford to loose him for any woman.i find an article on internet on how a spiritual doctor bring back someone ex back contact was attach on the story line. I couldn't stand a chance to give second thought about it i copy the mail and phone number and i contacted the spiritual doctor i did what he ask me to do he send me some native materials to use for 7days after 7 days beleive me my husband called me and apologise to me and my kids and started sleeping home now...i want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Oje for his great doing. You can contact him on email or whatsapp drojespiritualtemple@gmail.com +2348149277967..He can as well help you with the following.....Loose weight and body spell...Talish man Ring.....Marraige spell....Love Spell....Penis Enlargment....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was married to my husband for 8 years and we were both bless with two children, living together as one love, until 2010 when things was no longer the way its . But when he later gets a new job 3 months after, he started sleeping outside our matrimonial home. Only for me to find out that he was having an affair with the lady that gave him the job. since that day, when i called him, he don’t longer pick up my calls and he nothing since to come out good. Yet my husbands just still keep on seeing the lady.then i decide to look for a solution on internet,because i really love him and i can't afford to loose him for any woman.i find an article on internet on how a spiritual doctor bring back someone ex back contact was attach on the story line. I couldn't stand a chance to give second thought about it i copy the mail and phone number and i contacted the spiritual doctor i did what he ask me to do he send me some native materials to use for 7days after 7 days beleive me my husband called me and apologise to me and my kids and started sleeping home now...i want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Oje for his great doing. You can contact him on email or whatsapp drojespiritualtemple@gmail.com +2348149277967..He can as well help you with the following.....Loose weight and body spell...Talish man Ring.....Marraige spell....Love Spell....Penis Enlargment....

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat of clique sport acedmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Andrei Thomas from Monmouth. I want to testify on how I won
    £61,102,442.90 million pounds on the Euromillions lottery, My mum,was suffering from cancer of the throat and needed money for a
    surgery in the US,so my family was desperately looking for money, So i
    decided to go online and search for help, there I saw so many good
    testimony about a great spell caster called DR Ogudu of how he had cast
    lucky spell lotto for people to win the lottery. I contacted him also and
    told him I want to win the Euromillions lottery. initially I was having
    doubt if it was going to work because I dont believe so much in spell but
    he convinced me that the spell he cast is 100% guarantee and assured me
    that I will win big in the lotto, so I decided to give it a try. He cast a
    spell for me which I used to play and won £61,102,442.90 million pounds on
    the Euromillions lottery. All my life I have not seen such a man with such
    great powers. I followed everything he said and today the Andrei family is
    rich . he is real. I and my family are so grateful to this man, just in
    case you also need him to help you win, you can contact him through his
    email. and he will surely help you just the way
    he has helped me. I will forever be grateful to him and always testify the
    good work of him to the whole world.contact him

    [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM] OR [OGUDUSPELLCAST@GMAIL.COM]
    whatsapp number +2348106058254
    WEBSITE-----http://oguduspelltemple.webs.com/
    BLOGGER PAGE........http://drogudu.blogspot.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to be a football but no one to help me please call 09066403810

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.