Players of Nigerian descendants born abroad have been sending e-mails to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) indicating their willingness to dump their country of birth and play for Nigeria at senior level.
The NFF is currently chasing players of Nigerian descendant born abroad with names like:
- 1. Ola Aina, Chelsea England (Right back defender)
- 2. Jordon Ibe, AFC Bournemouth England (Attacking Midfielders)
- 3. Kingsley Ehizibue, PEC Zwolle Netherlands (Defender)
- 4. Ovie Ejaria, Liverpool England (Midfielder)
- 5. Tammy Abrahams, Bristol City on loan from Chelsea (Striker)
- 6. Brian Idowu, FC Amkar Perm Russia (Defender)
...among the players already approached by the football house.
However, a big wig in the football house Barrister Chris Green has revealed that other Nigerian players, who are relatively unknown have notified the NFF, and their names have been forwarded to the coach for consideration.
” We have been receiving mails from players of Nigerian descendants, they sent mails to let us know that they are available and willing to play for Nigeria”, Green told CheerOnNigeria blog.
” It is not for the NFF to decide, so we have forwarded their names to the coach. Mr Rohr will decide who gets called up after reviewing them. We are happy to see players abroad indicate their willingness to play for Nigeria”.