Photo Diary: Asisat Oshoala Rock Liverpool



Since Asisat Oshoala, the Rivers Angel moved over to Liverpool the spotlight has continued to beam on her.

This is the best of times for the Nigerian rising star, popularly known as 'Superzee.' Oshoala is just painting the town red. Let her photos tell the story. 







Asisat Oshoala signed for Liverpool Ladies, the first African footballer to join the EnglishWomen’s Super League, the story was not just huge in Nigeria but all over Africa.


“The transfer made big headlines,” Oshoala: “I never thought it would be as big a deal as that. When the news broke it went all over the African countries, I had journalists trying to contact me from all over.”



Oshoala wears No 14 shirt, She was unveiled after she put pen on paper.



Oshoala: “I liked the style of them,” she says of the club, whose matches she had followed online at home in Lagos. “It’s a team I’ve been longing to play for, I like to follow their games, and their league – the men as well. I also happen to be a Liverpool fan so it was easy for me to pick Liverpool.”



When the women’s team was invited to watch the men train at Melwood, and Oshoala’s Instagram account was peppered with selfies alongside Mario Balotelli, Daniel Sturridge and Kolo Touré.

 Oshoala scored in her debut at the women super league. Watch out for Ebony queen, more is come in following days.

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.